Hey hey from the Chicago 'burbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_A

Reaction score
Hello fine gentlemen and miscreants alike! I'm Mike, coming from the west burbs of Chicago. I just started brewing about a year ago. Been sticking to extract or partial extract recipes, but considering a big upgrade to a larger batch and all-grain setup with this year's tax refund.

Currently my gear consists of:
8Gal Bayou Classic SS kettle
1x 6.5G glass carboy
2x 5G glass carboys
Bottle bucket, capper, misc utensils (siphons, bottling wands, etc)
Guess it's nothing special/exciting compared to the rigs I've seen on these forums, but I'm young and pretty new to the scene.

Previous batches have consisted mostly of BB's kits, but I recently started creating/modifying my own recipes:
Santa's Oil Change - Chocolate/Oatmeal/Brown sugar Stout
Unnamed (Primary currently) - Peach Ginger Hefeweizen

Glad to be part of this extensively large, experienced and helpful community.

Yep, I'm about 5 minutes from Brew & Grow. I went to the Home Brew Shop in St. Charles last week to get the White Labs yeast for that batch of Hefeweizen though, first time out to that shop.

Know of any other LHBS around?

The Brewer's Coop just recently opened, now its half merchandise and half brewing supplies. I just strolled through it though so I didn't see how the prices were. The website is still useless however, go figure.

Latest posts

Back