Hey Guys And Gals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beodude123

Reaction score
Hey folks! My names Drew, and I got a beer brewing kit for Christmas. It's just about to be ready to get bottled. I'm looking forward to starting experimenting and eventually finding my own brew.

Thanks for having a good forum with lots of info! Yay!

I don't have a hydrometer right now. I'll be getting one for the next batch though. It's a Coopers extract that came with the 5 gallon kit. I'll be bottling it tomorrow!

Heya Dude,sounds like we are in the same boat,got a kit for Xmas and brewing my first batch too.Also picked up a hydrometer but not in time for my first batch.o well,I think alot of beer was brewed ok before the hydrometer came out so I am hoping for the best on this batch.
Good luck to you.

orfy said:
Welcome.

If you only got it at Christmas I'd be a little nervous obout bottling it just yet.

The instructions that came with the kit (crappy at best) said to keep it in there for 4-6 days (depending on temp) and then make sure they hydro readings were steady for two days. I've kept it in there for almost two weeks, so yeah... I don't know how to, or what to use for a secondary fermentation, or what it does.

Guess I have more reading to do... LoL

Back