Hey from Twin Cities MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solbes

Reaction score
New to the forum, so thought I'd introduce. My name is Scott. I've been brewing since January 2011. Got a kit as a Christmas present and made 4 extract batches last winter/spring: Amber Ale, Kolsch, Tripel, and Cranberry Wheat.

Amber ale was a learning experience. Pitched too high, small volume boil, early LME addition, etc. Turned out okay, but did have some twang. Who knows how old that kit was (box was dusty!).

Kolsch turned out very good as we had a really cold basement room to ferment the 2565 in. Sad to see it disappear.

The Tripel is just now evolving into a really good beer (WY 3787). Bottled in April and it did not impress at first. Been getting better every month. Made a wort chiller and moved to full volume boil with some late LME addition. Also tried some invert sugar on this batch.

Cranberry wheat was a pretty simple brew. Primary for 3 weeks and straight to bottle. My wife picked this one out and likes it. Certainly a tart beer that was good during the summer, but very little hop flavor by design.

Just did my first BIAB, and am enjoying taking that to the next level. Also kegged my first batch here recently. Great hobby and I look forward to posting regularly.

:Lucky Guy! Midwest Supplys is right their. Ive been their once. Its like Home brew heaven. :D

Back