Hey Everyone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bokeh

Reaction score
My friend and I have been talking about brewing for a while now and after we made the decision to start, he backed out. I decided to go it alone and grabbed up a kit from Midwest. I checked out a few forums, and I think this one will be the best fit for me. Anyway, I hope to get some great information here and brew some awesome beer. Look forward to spending a lot of time with you guys.

Great choice. This place rocks. You'll find yourself in a lot of moments of uncertainty during your first few brew sessions and you'll find tremendous peace of mind in the advice here. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions early on, so I hope I don't get too annoying.

The search function is your friend. I will personally guarantee you that you will not face a single problem your first brew that isn't already on here somewhere. It's really great to be able to ask the search bar a question an get an instant answer instead of waiting 5mins to an hour to get a reply on a fresh thread.

The search function is your friend. I will personally guarantee you that you will not face a single problem your first brew that isn't already on here somewhere. It's really great to be able to ask the search bar a question an get an instant answer instead of waiting 5mins to an hour to get a reply on a fresh thread.

+2 DMartin. that is the easiest why to find what you are looking for. Welcome aboard and ask any annoying question you feel needs a better answer. Cheers:mug:

Thanks again, guys. For the past few days I've been reading and reading, and reading some more. I got my kit and recipe the other day and I think I'm going to take the plunge, so to speak, this Sunday...so long as I can find a kettle before then. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, this is the kit that I ended up with - http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brewing-starter-kit.html
I also got the Ferocious IPA. I'm a big fan of IPA's so I figured I might as well make one my first brew.

You are going to love the Ferocious IPA! It's a clone of Surly's Furious, which is my absolute favorite beer and it's made by a local brewery here in Minnesota. I'm originally from IL and every time I visit family down there everyone requests that I bring them a pack of Furious. I'm going to have to make that clone sometime soon so I can save some money next time I go visit family. :) Welcome to the hobby and have fun!

Everything that I read about it was great. I've had the Furious once and I fell in love with it. Where in IL are you from?

I got my kit and recipe the other day and I think I'm going to take the plunge, so to speak, this Sunday...so long as I can find a kettle before then.

Follow the advice I was given when I started on this forum. Go as big as you can afford with the kettle. I got a 7.5 gallon and I am really glad that I did.

I grew up in Zion. Its right on the lake just below the IL / WI border. I moved to MN just over 10 years ago, but I visit my family in IL pretty often. They have since moved west to Antioch.

Ive been brewing for the past 4 months or so and am completely addicted. Enjoy it!

I know exactly where you're talking about. I know some people up around there. I'm about right smack dab in the middle of the state. I'm sure I'll love brewing just as much. Thanks.

Back