Hey Bartender, can I get some foam to keep my beer cold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if it isn't beer, what is it...just unflavored frozen margarita slush? Seems like you'd still want to drink it fairly quickly so the slush doesn't melt down and dilute your beer.

And now I will throw my engineering degrees behind a thorough trashing of this ridiculous ploy to rape you of your hard-earned dollars.

Frozen foam has no thermal mass, meaning that even if they give you a big fat dollop of this crap on your beer, it will do next to nothing to chill it. Mild insulating effect, nothing more. If it isn't already cold this crap won't do anything.

If you have any self respect, you will take your money that you would think of spending on this and assemble it in a pile in your driveway and burn it. That would be a much better use of these dollars.

An even better use would be to take the $8 dollars of profit out of their $10 dollar beer and buy a decent sixer of...heck, anything...chill it in a cooler in your car, and smuggle it into the park.

So if it isn't beer, what is it...just unflavored frozen margarita slush? Seems like you'd still want to drink it fairly quickly so the slush doesn't melt down and dilute your beer.

I read a different article and they said they flash freeze beer that they foam up intentionally, and then pour it in. So yes technically it is beer.

That same article said it did keep the brew cold but that as you consumed the beer and the foam sank, it acted almost like a cork, keep the beer in and making it hard to drunk until u poked a little hole on the side letting beer and air pass. Sounds kind like the two small holes on a lid from a coffee at DD.

And yeah, 10 bucks for a beer at a major league game? I paid 18 for a brew at Yankees stadium and almost **** when the guy told me the price.

I read a different article and they said they flash freeze beer that they foam up intentionally, and then pour it in. So yes technically it is beer.

That same article said it did keep the brew cold but that as you consumed the beer and the foam sank, it acted almost like a cork, keep the beer in and making it hard to drunk until u poked a little hole on the side letting beer and air pass. Sounds kind like the two small holes on a lid from a coffee at DD.

And yeah, 10 bucks for a beer at a major league game? I paid 18 for a brew at Yankees stadium and almost **** when the guy told me the price.

Read my previous post. This is bull**** intended to keep the uninformed masses happy about paying $18 for crap beer. I think this is why I haven't been to a game in many a year. It ****ing insults my intelligence.

The first person who asks if I want a dollop of frozen foam on my beer will get punched directly in the face.

Yes, sir, I'll take a dollop of foam on my beer. While you're at it, let's plop a frozen stick of butter on my popcorn so it doesn't dry out on my way back to my seat.

Back