Hey All! Optimistic Brewer here with some Q's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cider

Reaction score
Hello I'm new at the brewing scene and I hope to make some good beers. I've decided to brew some beer with my roomates as a hobby and I hope to have it grow so it should be fun. I plan on brewing some all grain in the future after I get ahold of the basics and I have to create some tools, like a wort cooler and turn, but in the mean time i'll stick to the easy stuff.

I also have some questions...

Havs anyone seen beer kits called "the Brew house" They make the wort and you just add water. I started one of them on jan 31 and now I have it in my secondary and hope to bottle on the 17th (test on the 3rd of march). Everything went good and I hit the Sg targets on the instructions. I wonder if anyone has heard of these kits and think they are good. here is their website with their diffrent varieties. http://www.thebrewhouse.com/types/index.htm

Second question I was wondering on the type of beer to do for st pat's day. I was thining of another Brewhouse kit either a...

RED ALE

Ruby red, copper
Bitterness: 18 IBU
O.G.: 1.050-1.052
Malts: Pale, crystal,Vienna and chocolate
Hops: Centennial-Bittering/Cascade-Aroma

or a

Munich Dark Lager
Colour: dark brown (Deg.Lovibond) - 25.0
Bitterness: 20 IBU
O.G.: 1.055
Malts: Munich malt, Crystal 120L Wheat and Chocolate
Hops: Hops - Perle (bittering and aroma)

also on their website they have a few kit mods and i'm wondering if this is the beer I should do (its the dark lager)

Ingredients for 5 gallons:
1 Brew House Munich Dark Lager kit
12 oz. roast barley
8 oz. flaked barley
1 oz. Northern Brewer hops
Wyeast 1084 Irish ale yeast

Would the roasted and flaked barley make the beer better or is it good enough as it is.

I would also like start the beer this wednesday but I do not know if the Dark Lager would be aged enough for saint patties day?

Thanks

Back