HERMS Info

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbaucco

Reaction score
I understand the concept of a HERMS system.....I think. Could someone please explain the process of building one. For example what supplies are needed? What is the average cost? How much electrical knowledge will I need to build one? I've been toying with the idea of building one for a while but it seems like a very intimidating project. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the HomeBrewTalk forum. You are in the right place. There is a ton of information about your adventure here in Electric Brewing. I suggest that you review some of the threads and then see where you want to go in developing your system. It is not all that hard to do.

You need to decide on your batch size, the kettles that you will be using, the power you have available to use your system (120V - 240V, 20A, 30A, 50A). Lots of other questions that need to be answered.

I'm sure we all would like to help you in your adventure.

I've drawn many diagrams for the community. Perhaps another for you.

P-J

I started out wanting to build a "simple" e-brewery but lacked the knowledge to design somethimg on my own. I am now in the process of wiring up my control panel following theelectricbrewery.com instructions. Some of his system seems a bit over-engineered and expensive but it works reliably and will last a long time so I'm a fan. God luck with your build!

Back