Here It Is: Your Daily, Random, Probably Divisive BS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 6762

I just made you a sharpie to use in the good of the force

*edit* god that looks like a penis

Okay, yeah, it is fairly dildo-y. But hey, now we're even for the drag queen that blinded everyone. ;)

In other news, I took the liberty of visiting the site with the car-thingies and was greatly distressed to find no reference whatever to my deity of choice. I therefore composed and sent this letter:

Sir,

I write with no small irritation that, while the Flying Spaghetti Monster is justly represented in your line of metallic automobile appliques, there is no tribute to that oldest and greatest of deities: Cthulhu. Even something as simple as an outline fish with the word "Cthulhu" therein would suffice, as "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" is rather too large to fit the available space. Should such an item already be part of your product line and I a complete ass, kindly inform. Should there be plans to produce an Elder God-related item line, also kindly inform, so I might clutch my credit card to my breast with bated breath.

Sincerely,

R P Davis
Easton, Penna.

Anybody else notice this lack, or am I the only one been driven insane by the trip to Miskatonic?

Bob

My father in law is British and is a total diarrhea mouth. No filter, he just blabs whatever is a the front of his brain. Truly idiotic stuff. But he rarely gets called out because of his cultured British accent. It's like a Jedi mind trick for many Americans, I guess.

Are you my son in law?:cross:

At last! I must have one!

La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi.

cthulhu4Prez-preview-5.png

My father in law is British and is a total diarrhea mouth. No filter, he just blabs whatever is a the front of his brain. Truly idiotic stuff. But he rarely gets called out because of his cultured British accent. It's like a Jedi mind trick for many Americans, I guess.

Sorry this is off topic...

Hey, my FIL is British too. What a coincidink. I lived in England/Wales for a while and noticed the British culture to have a very proper and roundabout way of getting points across, unlike the average American who just comes right out and says it. For example, if you're working around the house all day with friends/family and you get tired of working and just want to take a break, you might say, "let's go and have tea", instead of just admitting you're tired and need a break. So, that's why I was giving Ohiobrit a hard time about not being able to choose words.;)

Sorry this is off topic...

Hey, my FIL is British too. What a coincidink. I lived in England/Wales for a while and noticed the British culture to have a very proper and roundabout way of getting points across, unlike the average American who just comes right out and says it. For example, if you're working around the house all day with friends/family and you get tired of working and just want to take a break, you might say, "let's go and have tea", instead of just admitting you're tired and need a break. So, that's why I was giving Ohiobrit a hard time about not being able to choose words.;)

You mean like a woman might say "Want to come in for coffee?" When she really means "Why don't you come in and rip my clothes off and ravage my naughty bits like a roadworker with a pneumatic pounder?"

Yeah, he's right. We do that. :(

Careful what you do to those folks with tripe-ribbons on their cars -- they're prone to road rage.

Yeah, if you consider "honking your horn at someone who doesn't go when the light turns green" to be road rage. What a stupid study. I use my horn in many fashions...and not just willy-nilly either. It gets most of its use out of reminding absent-minded people that the light has turned green. I don't see that as "road rage", I see it as a form of a "friendly tap on the shoulder".

Yeah, if you consider "honking your horn at someone who doesn't go when the light turns green" to be road rage. What a stupid study. I use my horn in many fashions...and not just willy-nilly either. It gets most of its use out of reminding absent-minded people that the light has turned green. I don't see that as "road rage", I see it as a form of a "friendly tap on the shoulder".

two short honks should universally translate to "Excuse me, motorist, things have started moving again."

One or more long blasts of the horn translates to something more like "Hey jackhole, stop acting like a F*CKING moron and getouttamygoddamnway!"

Well, that's how I use my horn, anyway.

two short honks should universally translate to "Excuse me, motorist, things have started moving again."

One or more long blasts of the horn translates to something more like "Hey jackhole, stop acting like a F*CKING moron and getouttamygoddamnway!"

that's exactly how I approach it...

+1 (10 chars)

So - where is today's random divisive BS?

I try to avoid using the horn at all, but I consider a tap to be polite reminder, and the foghorn to be 'get the f#ck out of the way' or 'I'm about to run you over, miss Nun'.

So - where is today's random divisive BS?

I try to avoid using the horn at all, but I consider a tap to be polite reminder, and the foghorn to be 'get the f#ck out of the way' or 'I'm about to run you over, miss Nun'.

Man, I was trying to start some **** with the Al Gore thread, but so far it's been way too civil. Damnit. Even this thread was tame, save for Gunner's claim that everyone who hates those magnets is an america-hating hippie who calls the troops baby killers and advocates complete instant withdrawal from Iraq. :D

Man, I was trying to start some **** with the Al Gore thread, but so far it's been way too civil. Damnit. Even this thread was tame, save for Gunner's claim that everyone who hates those magnets is an america-hating hippie who calls the troops baby killers and advocates complete instant withdrawal from Iraq. :D

Well, couldn't we all simply pretend to be absolutely outraged and blow that one post out of all proportion? :D

Oh, I see now. It doesn't work properly if you plan it in advance. :(

Back