Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmorley

Reaction score
I've just got the coopers kit, and the manual says it will take about 7 days! but every else i look says 3 weeks?

I'm lost please help.

I always figured that they know new brewers are an impatient bunch so they give them the quickest route to beer rather then provide instructions to better brew.

Let it hang out for a few weeks in your primary before bottling...then give it a few more and you'll have a much better beer than if you rush it along. Keep your fermentation temps in check and you be all set!

I always figured that they know new brewers are an impatient bunch so they give them the quickest route to beer rather then provide instructions to better brew.

That's always been my theory as well...Let them get a few quick batches done, mediocre or not, before they start formulating their own recipes or go to more complex kits, where they will learn to wait, and most likely not buy coopers kits ever again...Since they are only going to sell a few kits to new brewers and have very few die-hard pre-hopped kit users, the don't really care.

Your beer will benefit by a longer primary, and at least 3 weeks or more in the bottles...I leave my beer in primary for up to a month.

:mug:

Thanks All!

I will leave it in the primary for 14 days, then bottle it for 14 more. before tasting, but i plan on letting be be bottled for about 1 month.

I want to start off on kits before i try looking for a good porter recipes and trying to make it. I can only get coopers kits in south africa so what do you suggest trying tin there range, seeing as i can get all of them

Back