Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a beer question, this has to do with military protocol.

I'm retired from the USN and should already know the answer to the question I'm about to ask.

My daughter is getting married next year. I want to wear my dress uniform. Choker Whites would be good but Dress Blues always look great. That choice I don't need to much advice on.

My real question is full on medals or ribbons or maybe miniature medals. Im pretty sure I can't go wrong in dress uniform just wonder about ribbons or medals and should I wear white dress gloves?

Truly, this's is not a crisis. ��

But, CMCs, Sargeant Majors, or anybody with better military protocol sense than me Help please!

Truly
Dan

I spent several years in the USN, also, so I know the differences it can make. I would go by the formality of the wedding ceremony. If everyone will be dressed in Armani and Vera Wang (I know of those because I've been married many years), then I'd go full dress uniform with medals. If it's more of a normal suit and tie for the guests, I'd go with ribbons. Medals at a suit and tie wedding might be too formal. Others might have a different opinion, but that would be my deciding factor.

Lumpher thanks. Medals might be a bit much. Not positive. I called a brother, Dwayne. He wasn't sure either and he'd been in the canoe club even longer than me. We were maintenance guys... Didn't go the CMC route.

I figure worst I can do is be overdressed. I'm the dad. That's acceptable :)

Looking Sharp, I say for maximum effect,, and really how often are you pulling those out, go with medals every time.....plus you might even get to be in one of those cool stolen valor YouTube videos I always see,

Back