Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonC77

Reaction score
Im looking for a good back sweeten recipe for strawberry wine (3gls). Also looking for some good off the wall fruit recipes. Trying to make a bunch of wine for my wedding. THANK YOU!!!!!

Im looking for a good back sweeten recipe for strawberry wine (3gls). Also looking for some good off the wall fruit recipes. Trying to make a bunch of wine for my wedding. THANK YOU!!!!!

Congratulations!

Try the recipe link above in the site menu or search google for "jack keller fruit wine".

3 (light bodied) to 6 (heavy bodied) lbs of most berry type fruit per gallon with enough sugar to get your specific gravity up to 1.080 to 1.090-ish. Recommend a hydrometer if you don't have one. You'll also want to purchase acid blend, pectin enzyme, wine tannin (optional, depends on wine), and Campden tablets.

How soon till your wedding? Most fruit wines won't be ready to drink for 4 to 6 months and some take a year or two.

Thanks alot!! I have blackberry, strawberry and watermelon making right now. The wedding is in october, they should be done by then. I started them in march.

Back