Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigapinnc

Reaction score
K I pitched white labs Trappist yeast about 27 hours ago. I had no activity until I just got home and there are some bubbles Random but mainly this. It is not churning. Is this bad? Or is this the growth stage of the ferment? I am worried ha

image-3022728813.jpg

Ok after a few hours, it is not turning and churning .. It still looks funny on the top like it did. But with a little bubble

Bigapinnc said:
Ok after a few hours, it is not turning and churning .. It still looks funny on the top like it did. But with a little bubble

It is turning and churning

Just finished a brew with that yeast. That lag time seems long I'd a been worrying too. She's a devil that girl, needs lots of oxygen and a huge starter.

i had similar thing going on 3 weeks ago, in my case i expect underpitching as i used 1ml frozen yeast slurry to build up a starter and probably didnt get enough cells for 10gal batch. Still after around 40h i got a nice krausen and my beer finished at perfect 1.011FG and even flat tasted great so i wouldnt worry too much

Latest posts

Back