Help with "what's left" recipe...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John8251

Reaction score
I have a lot of miscellaneous hops and wanted to use some of them before they go bad. So, I have ten pound of maris otter and a pack of safale 04. I want to make an IPA or pale ale and was wanting help with what kind of hop schedule i should use. So heres the list of hops that i have:
2.03 EKG
1.5 simcoe
.4 saaz
1.2 crystal
1 perle
1.5 galena
1.3 northern brewer
2.5 chinook
2 cascade
.8 cascade (whole hops)
and one mystery bag (.4 oz) of who the hell knows what..lol

any ideas for a tasty IPA/pale ale using those hops???

I have a lot of miscellaneous hops and wanted to use some of them before they go bad. So, I have ten pound of maris otter and a pack of safale 04. I want to make an IPA or pale ale and was wanting help with what kind of hop schedule i should use. So heres the list of hops that i have:
2.03 EKG
1.5 simcoe
.4 saaz
1.2 crystal
1 perle
1.5 galena
1.3 northern brewer
2.5 chinook
2 cascade
.8 cascade (whole hops)
and one mystery bag (.4 oz) of who the hell knows what..lol

any ideas for a tasty IPA/pale ale using those hops???

I just made a nice SMaSH batch of mild bitter, using MO, EKG and S-04. Of course, that wouldn't take much of a dent out of your leftover hops.

Well you could always try a hop bursting experiment. Bitter with 1oz of chinook if you like, then whirlpool with all your cascadian/northwest hop varietals and dry hop the hell out of it. That's what I would do.

Back