Help with these bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawman

Reaction score
I just bought some 1 liter fliptops, and when I try to seal them they break.

Does anyone here have any experience with these? I want to know if I could get them to work, but I don't want to take another chunk out of my finger.

The only bottles I use these days are 500ml fliptop bottles, but Ive never managed to break one?

Did you attach the top yourself? and if so did you manage to put it on backwards or something? is the rubber seal present? if so is it the original?

Photo please if you can.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Would you mind scaling the pictures down to a more reasonable size so we can see them and reply without having to scroll to the right? I resize stuff to around 400x500pixels or so.

SO where did you get these from? Did they have beer in them when you bought them? Were they new or something from craigslist? They look thick enough to hold carbination. But I don't know. Can we see a pic of the entire bottle, not just the neck of them?

Not worth the risk then, I already cut myself on one of them. Two of them work.

I might open the other case I have and try one to see if maybe that case was just junk.

Figured it out, the stopper thing in the case I just opened was slightly smaller and they work perfectly.

The first case has the wrong stoppers included, would have been nice to know before breaking a **** load of them and injuring myself, but it is what it is.

Well, one of my 2 suggestions was correct then! even a stopped clock is right twice a day :p

Well if it was them putting the stoppers on and not you then yes, bargin or not they owe you a refund, mention the personal injury you suffered due to their screw up and maybe they will chuck a few more in ;)

I need to make a coffee table like that for my man-cave :)

Glad you figured it out, hope they gave you new bottles, I'd be pretty pissed about hurting myself with their faulty product.

Latest posts

Back