Help with providing Homebrew to a group

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkasten12

Reaction score
Hello fellow home brewers,
I am member of Running club in California, that is putting on a trail race and we are discussing offer 1 optional beer to all 21+ participant and volunteer. The club cannot officially provide the beer due to the agreement in their association with the RRCA (Road Runners Club of America) who provides their insurance. The beer would not be provided by the club but by me (my homebrew) as an individual. Do you know if I am legally allowed to give out my beer for free as long as I am not charging money or providing to minors? I would greatly appreciate any insight you may be able to provide.

Brian

Yes you can! Assuming you aren't giving it away to minors/intoxicated people/or selling it. In fact, assuming the club is a non profit, they can sell the beer (beer garden) post race per AB 1425. Oops just re read the stipulation from RRCA. But you could still give away the beer as an individual.

Back