help with off flavors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-pa

Reaction score
A friend of mine has two beers both with the same off flavors but can't figure what it is from they are both all grain ,a scottish ale and a weizen bock both have a verry distinct wine smell and a after taste that is almost like whisky, the scottish is very bad on the whisky taste almost undrinkable,(unless you like shots of whisky) and the bock is not so bad it taste good until the after taste hits you. Any idea what this is from?
Thanks fornany replies

My friend is out of town for a couple of weeks now so I can't get info from him at this time.. I kind of think it might be too high fermentation temp, but I am no expert at this .
thanks

We also need to know how long it's been in the bottle. Really it's impossible to judge anything from what little info you have given us......Including whether or not it's too high of a fermentation temp, since you didn't tell us the temps it was fermented at. So it's a bit premature to try to figure it out. You wouldn't want a doctor to do that would you? So anything we say is just speculation, so when your friend gets back, THEN you too can give us the particulars and we can probably help.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back