Help with hop schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcleanmj

Reaction score
By happy accident I've got 8 oz of Vic Secret, 4 oz of Samba, and 4 oz of Trident hops for a single 5 gallon batch. I'm planning to make a ~6% abv NEIPA and right now I want to use the whole pound of hops. The people I am going to brew and consume the beer with are not IPA fans, so needs to be low bitterness. I was thinking 4 oz in a 20 minute hop stand at 176 degrees followed by two 6-oz dry hops, maybe on a day 2 and day 6. It could also be three dry hops, day 1, 3, 5 or something like that. Some could even go in the keg. Looking for any suggestions. I'm also wondering if this much hops is overboard and might lead to a harsh beer? I've never used so much.

Do they like hop flavor and aroma but not bitterness? If it were me, I'd go with the hop stand plus dry hop additions, not just the dry hop, just to get a little more layered or complex hoppiness out of it.

Do they like hop flavor and aroma but not bitterness? If it were me, I'd go with the hop stand plus dry hop additions, not just the dry hop, just to get a little more layered or complex hoppiness out of it.

Yeah exactly fruity and juicy with as little bitterness as possible. Right now im favoring a 4 oz whirlpool and dry hopping 4 oz on day 1, 3, and 5

A lot more goes into making this style than hop schedule but here would be a quick synapse of what would work for schedule

I’d save the vicscrete many for dryhop

10-15 IBUS @ 60

.5 oz addition @ 10

whirlpool
4 oz between 180-150*f (any combo of your hops you prefer)

DRYHOP (using extreme care for anti o2 pickup.

6-8 oz at 56-60*f for 3 days

Back