Help Me Use These Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHairyHop

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After moving, I haven't gotten into the swing of things until now.

I have a BUTT LOAD of Cascade hops. Like, way too many. I also have a lot of Simcoe and a little bit of Citra. Anyone have a good recipe that uses a lot of Cascade and maybe Simcoe? I know they're fairly common, but if you have an Ol' Faithful or a new brew you'd like to share, then bring it on. :mug:

Yea, that's the idea. I've just made so many IPAs that I was wondering if anyone had anything of their own kicking around. I usually use the base malt from Avery's Maharaja and go from there

I just did an IPA that I'll be kegging this weekend. Took a sample today and really thought it was nice. Could have used a little more bitterness. But it was
92 % marris otter
4% crystal 20
4% white wheat
1.5 oz cascade 60
1.5 oz cascade 20
1.5 oz cascade at flameout, once I hit 170 degrees

I tried to have to OG match the IBU.
I'll make slight tweaks to the hop profile in the future. I think Simcoe would be a real good addition to the flavor and flameout

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Try the Cascade 15 Minute Pale Ale! Uses a ton of hops, and a 15 min boil time!

You could do a Saison. I use Citra in my saison and I am happy with the results.

Here is the recipe. Just sub the one of the hops you have for Northern Brewer. The yeast is wrong on the recipe, I use the Saison III.

Try this imperial based off the hop slam clone:

14.50 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 70.73 %
3.00 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 14.63 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 4.88 %
0.50 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 2.44 %
0.50 lb Honey Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 2.44 %

1.50 oz Simcoe (First Wort Hop)
1.00 oz Simcoe (60 min)
1.00 oz Citra (45 min)
1.00 oz Citra (30 min) Hops 19.1 IBU
1.00 oz Citra [11.00 %] (15 min) Hops 11.8 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade (10 min) Hops
2.00 oz Cascade (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
2.00 oz Simcoe (0 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -
3.00 oz Simcoe (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
1.00 tab Whirlfloc (Boil 15.0 min) Misc
1.10 tsp Yeast Nutrient (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1.40 lb Honey Sugar (Boil 10.0 min)
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale

hm, don't have that much citra. I have a lb of cascade and simcoe each. Imperial anything would be cool. I might just take a similar grain bill and hop the crap out of it with simcoe and cascade

Oh, that looks nice. I lost the top to my large cooler, so I could make that in my smaller cylindrical one. I might add some DH simcoe to contribute some funk

Back