Help me solve a mystery!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is some beer in the bottom of the keggerator, then maybe the rest is inside the actual keggerator housing!?! Soaked into insulation and puddle in the base? That would suck. I would imagine the keggerator would never be the same!

Chudsonvt I think you called it. Went back and examined the kegerator (see pic) and there seems to be beer in the bottom insulation! So loose co2 connector, beer turns to foam and pushes out, returns to liquid and flows out at the corner, liquiheasion pulls it into the gap where it's absorbed by the insulation. Thank god I don't have gnomes!

image.jpg

Chudsonvt I think you called it. Went back and examined the kegerator (see pic) and there seems to be beer in the bottom insulation! So loose co2 connector, beer turns to foam and pushes out, returns to liquid and flows out at the corner, liquiheasion pulls it into the gap where it's absorbed by the insulation. Thank god I don't have gnomes!

Well, there's yer problem.

It would almost be better if the neighbors snuck in and drank it all. :(

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to a kegerator that has absorbed five gallons of beer...

Cheers! (hopefully it's out in the garage ;))

Same thing happened to a buddy. We split a 10 gallon batch. He had a loose connection got 0 pours out of the keg and an empty CO2 tank. His ended up on the floor but dried quick enough he didn't notice it (shed in backyard). It was devastating to him he hasn't been the same since!

I still don't get how the beer came out the gas-in post unless the out dip-tube was put on the gas-in post. Makes no sense to me.

You sure is wasn't squirrels?

I have a hard time believing the beer totally turned to foam... Maybe the poppet didn't seat and it leaked out there. I had a sour beer aging with low pressure that started leaking a little bit over several days (only a cup or so), but if it were at higher pressure, it would probably have leaked more. Only reason I knew was there were a surprisingly high number of fruit flies around.

Or if you had a disconnect on, the disconnect or connection to it were loose and the beer leaked out. I have had a defective picnic tap that wouldn't seal. Didn't realize until the keg leaked into the freezer in almost entirety.

I would check the keg and all connections you used.

Shouldn't we get a mod to change the thread title to "How to Grow Fruit Flies"? That much stuff in the insulation is gonna cause quite an issue.

I was really hoping that there was a happy Labrador Retreiver sleeping it off in a sunny spot by the fireplace wondering when the OP was going to brew again.

Latest posts

Back