Help me improve my process (Pictures!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also don't see many issues at all with your set up or process.

However, I would really recommend giving liquid yeast starters a chance. I've observed with my starters that I see signs of fermentation (krausen, air lock activity) within 6 - 8 hours of pitching. I would also echo what others have said about your water. I have not played under with water chemistry as I'm very pleased with what comes out of my tap, but it would probably be very helpful for you to get your water tested by Ward labs. Also ditch the 5.2 stabilizer. I don't believe it is helpful in anyway and it likely imparts unwanted flavors to your beer.

I'd be more careful with your strike/mash temps, if you hit your strike temp you won't need to do anything after doughing in. I'd also look into water chemistry a bit more, I typically am adding gypsum, calcium chloride, epsom salt, table salt and sometimes chalk to RO water to achieve a specific profile. I agree with scottland about tasting the wort, I wouldn't adjust a recipe based on that.

Latest posts

Back