Help me decide what to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordzilla

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble deciding what to brew next. Lately, I only brew super hoppy IPA/DIPAs, big imperial stouts and flavored beers (coffee stout, pumpkin ale, spiced winter warmer). I'm trying to break my norm for my next 2 brews. I have a big 9% DIPA that used 20oz of hops I will be kegging soon. I always try to get through my IPAs pretty quick so the hop flavor doesn't fall off. I want to brew two lower ABV beers that I can keep on tap for a while and not feel guilty about. At least one of them I'd like to be something I can't easily buy off the shelf. I like have never had a style of beer I didn't like, as long as it's made well. Please help me out with some suggestions!

Below are a couple of ideas I've had so far.
  • ESB
  • Altbier
  • Sierra Nevada Tumbler clone (brown ale with hint of smokiness)

my votes for altbier since you don't usually brew German styles. that or a lager... maybe a rauchbier since you want something smokey?

I did a Brewdog Altbier called Candy Kaiser and its fantastic. ended up around 5.7%abv, very nice.

5.5 lbs 2 row
5 lbs red wheat
1 lbs caravienne

Amarillo hops:
.5 oz 60
.75 oz 10
.5 oz 0

us-05

or an ESB, you cannot go wrong with an ESB..

Latest posts

Back