Help me build a recipe for Grover Cleveland Remembrance Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTimotin

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am trying to work on creating a great beer recipe to celebrate Grover Cleveland Remembrance Day.

I'll post some details on the holiday at the end so you don't have to read through my slog of BS if you don't want to.

A few of us have gotten in to brewing since the formation of the greatest of all holidays, and we decided nothing would make it more official than a beer specifically for the day. I was thinking something along the lines of a brown or scotch ale, but I wanted to solicit some ideas from the greatest minds in homebrewing for what would be a good example to base my recipe off of. I have never made my own recipes before, so I'm not quite sure where to start.

If you have any ideas on something to maybe use as an example, or can think of a particular style, or even a perfect recipe to go along with our holiday, I would much appreciate it!

A little background on the holiday:
About 2 years ago, and friend and I were drinking in the basement and thinking about why we have no real drinking holidays in America. We have plenty of holidays that we imbibe very heavily on, but none for that specific purpose. (St Paddys day and Cinco De Mayo are from other countries and they don't count) So we racked our brains for a reason, and came up with Grover Cleveland, our 22nd and 24th President of the USA. This has spawned into a Grover Cleveland Remembrance Day which is a day in which people can get together have great beer, and make up some epic stories about our greatest president. For example, did you know that Grover Cleveland invented white out, but no one ever knew because he never made a mistake?

Grover Cleveland Remembrance Day is celebrate on the second Saturday of June, and we hope to have more people involved in this every year! Last year was our second year, and we also added a second party on the other side of the state, so it would be awesome to add even more this year all across the country!

Thanks for your input! :mug:
--
Tim

White-out, huh? No surprise. From 31 Grover Cleveland:

As president, Grover Cleveland had little use for people of color. He outright refused to enforce the 15th Amendment protecting rights of blacks. He repealed other laws protecting blacks in the south, and in fact was elected in large part due to Jim Crow laws.

So my vote for "celebrating" would be Black is Beautiful Imperial Stout.

Back