Help me break in my new rig with a new recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterVT

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just finished my Brutus clone and plan to brew 10g tomorrow, first batch on the new rig. I've been preoccupied tweaking my rig that I forgot to plan a recipe. So, I'm hoping for some help. Not new to AG, just the new equipment.

I'm a fan of Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale and have tweaked it here and there. I enjoy it's crispness, but I'm looking for a little more body and hoppiness. Ideally I'd like to make an IPA, but a Pale Ale would suffice.

As far as ingredients, the only requirement is I incorporate 3oz of leaf Cascade hops that I grew this season. I'm guessing I'll use those as a dry hop. Here's the rest of what I've got on hand.

- Tons of 2 row and 10 lbs of Marris Otter
- Munich, Crystal 10L, Honey malt, carapils
- 1lb of Amarillo hop leaf
- 1lb of cascade pellets
- 1lb of cascade leaf
- 1lb chinook pellets
- 1oz each of columbus, centennial, warrior, simcoe, mt. hood
- Yeast: nottingham, coopers, safbrew s-33

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm psyched about tomorrow's adventure! Thanks for your help.

How about a 1.065ish IPA mashed on the high side for some body. Bitter it with Chinook, Then do some later additions with Amarillo & a little more chinook, to the tune of about 70-75IBU's. Then Dry hop with some more Amarillo and your Simcoe. For grains I would go with a pound of the Crystal 10 or Honey Malt, 2 lbs Munich and then make up the rest of your OG with Two Row. I would use the Notty, unless you have time to go get some US-05.

:mug:

EDIT: Congrats on the rig and good luck!!

Back