Help identifying this keg and replacement parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingLight

Reaction score
I need some help with a keg I just got from a friend. I've got to replace/add some parts. Take a look at this gas post
LOuM6r1.jpg

Is it just missing the o-ring near the top? If it's supposed to look like that, I haven't seen one like that before.

Also, take a look at the lid
ll08E8O.jpg

Any clues on this keg? That's one of the older Firestone lids, yes? I'm not familiar with that kind of PRV, but in looking on Chico Company, it says those PRVs have two gaskets in them that usually need replacing, so I'll replace those too.

Finally, it needs a liquid out post and diptube. He gave me a new set of lid and diptube gaskets. I just need to figure out what post and diptube I need.
Also on the side of the keg, one side says Canada Dry Bottling Co. And the other side says the Cornelius Company. Just trying to figure out if this is a firestone and what size posts. Thanks for any insight.

Latest posts

Back