Help I Want to build a system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacked

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone live in or near Erie PA ? I'd like to check out an electric setup so I can start to buy and build my own. Thanks

I hope you find one to see in person. If not, make use of the multitude of shared designs you can find here. There are a lot of great ideas here you can borrow in whole or in part and piece together into your perfect brewery. Many fine folks that will help out along the way as well. Have fun with the build.

I hope you find one to see in person. If not, make use of the multitude of shared designs you can find here. There are a lot of great ideas here you can borrow in whole or in part and piece together into your perfect brewery. Many fine folks that will help out along the way as well. Have fun with the build.

I agree with this.. by just surfing around and reading through other people's posts I am in the process of building my own all electric brewery from a Brutus style propane system.

I originally was going to do a natural gas setup, but I just bought a new house that has a sweet 15 X 24 room for brewing. I switched the electric dryer to gas so I have some juice for future setup. Lucky for me my older brother is an electrician. I just have to hope my wife will let me have some of the tax return to jump start this project.

I agree with these guys... Im in the middle of my build and I just spent a ton of time looking at systems on here and have ended up taking parts from many different systems and wiring diagrams to put mine together. Have fun with it and take your time and im sure it will come together nicely.

I love Kal's site! I have to wipe my chin every time I look at all the shiny stuff. Rims or Herms? Tough choices ahead. Can anyone sway me to one or the other? Either is a big step from my kettle and cooler setup.

I made the HERMS choice way back. I already had the coil from my then obsolete (to me) immersion chiller. It was one less element and control situation. Having never brewed with a RIMS system, I would not suggest it. My HERMS has been everything I expected it would be. Take that with a grain of salt as I am sure some RIMS brewers would have an entirely opposite opinion.

I'm really interested in building an electric system too. Small batches of five gallons. I'm curious about what all I need to get and what to avoid. I looked at Kal's site and his is awesome, but I just don't have the funds for such a build.

I'm really interested in building an electric system too. Small batches of five gallons. I'm curious about what all I need to get and what to avoid. I looked at Kal's site and his is awesome, but I just don't have the funds for such a build.

With Kal's site he provides step by step instructions so you can build what works for you.

I am a RIMS user (see link below in sig for massive details).

Nothing wrong with HERMS, but there is more heating power available with the RIMS. Potential also exists for back to back brews. It is another element though.

I will say that when I rebuild my RIMS, I would switch from the current setup to the tri-clover w/ ss element. Cleaning would be much easier with out having to tape and crank pipes.

Nice augiedoggy, much easier to keep clean and less possibility of leaks

And CHEAP to build ! the heating element is 1000w and 24" long making it ULWD at 240v and cost me $28.... the whole rims tube fittings and all was under $100... I made a cheaper $50 copper one but it had a major design flaw and was replaced (could have been fixed though) that used a $9 with shipping heating element.

Back