help i thank i got an Infection in my brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary23

Reaction score
it has been fermenting for abt five days now i noteced wight spots though the lid this is oldny my secound batch just wanted to make shore before i tossed it thanks

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

You should have seen my last batch. The yeast rafts looked like curdled cheese all over the top. I just racked under it into a secondary to help clear a bit. Still had them throughout the secondary and just kegged it anyways. Yours looks pretty darn tasty and far from infected.

c02 froth and yeast that are floating on the surface. Definitely doesn't look like an infection. You're fine. RDWHAHB (Relax, don't worry, and have a home brew.)

There needs to be a little jquery script on this site any time someone types "infect" or "ruined" or "dead" etc. that pops up a little warning box: "Wait! Before you go asking if your beer is infected/ruined, please see these threads: (etc. etc.)"

thank u so mouch i was littery about to dump it thanks for the fast responce

There needs to be a little jquery script on this site any time someone types "infect" or "ruined" or "dead" etc. that pops up a little warning box: "Wait! Before you go asking if your beer is infected/ruined, please see these threads: (etc. etc.)"

You mean as opposed to the stickey at the top of the beginner's forum (which eveyone ignores, so you are correct.)

Think you ruined your beer? Set your fears aside!

Haha, I had the same thing on my Coopers fermenter and freaked a bit too. I am doing a mash extract lager (with ale yeast) in it at the moment. Day 6 of fermenting and mine is about the same as yours is now. Good work.

Back