HELP Honeywell Gas Valve Not Working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlanFlen

Reaction score
I've used the search. I've used Google. I'm out of ideas.

Here's the issue. I am using the Honeywell (VR8200A2132 ) gas valves on my new system. We light the pilot light, switch the valve to the on position, then send the signal for the valve to open (via PLC). You can hear and feel the valve actuate, however, there is absolutely no gas flow through the valve to the burner.

I'm using the dual stage regulator to step down the pressure to 11"WC right out of the tank. The valves are plumbed to the low pressure burners through the valve and LPG orifice from brewers hardware. My helpers were monkeying with the pressure regulator located on the valves, but we were getting nothing out of them.

Aside from messing with the pressure regulators, what else am I missing? I have no idea why the valves wont pass gas through to the burners.

Thanks for any assitance.

My first instinct would be to test it without the valve. Does gas flow and burn properly if the solenoid is removed?

Also, did you convert to LPG? Stock valve comes with a ng regulator spring.

Even after conversion these valves are very sensitive to over and under pressure. I use the valves with the auto ignite, so it may be different, but mine are very sensitive to ground loops, within the 24vac, I would check your wiring to make sure the 24 Ac did not get run to earth ground, or undersized the transformer. if you added an igniter watch that ground loop and other wires that are close.

Back