Hello from West Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckO

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking and learning here for a couple of months. Tips and techniques here seem great.

I brewed a couple of times in the late 1970's when it first became legal and some kits appeared in a Chicago area wine store, (anybody remember the Purple Foot?) but then had life intervene. I started again 3 years ago after moving here to West Virginia. Only problem I have is that I have only two LHBS's available, Fed-Ex and UPS. Does anybody know of any LHBS within any reasonable distance from Beckley, WV?

Hope to be contributing here to help repay for the information received.

Chuck O

Been looking and learning here for a couple of months. Tips and techniques here seem great.

I brewed a couple of times in the late 1970's when it first became legal and some kits appeared in a Chicago area wine store, (anybody remember the Purple Foot?) but then had life intervene. I started again 3 years ago after moving here to West Virginia. Only problem I have is that I have only two LHBS's available, Fed-Ex and UPS. Does anybody know of any LHBS within any reasonable distance from Beckley, WV?

Hope to be contributing here to help repay for the information received.

Chuck O

welcome

i dont know of any. just googled it and came up with nothing. what about morebeer.com and northernbrewer.com or austinhomebrew.com. they'll deliver anything your heart desires, including ingredients.

you cant support your LHBS if you dont have one, right?

Welcome! I'm in Charles Town, WV at the moment... thought, "hey, maybe I'm near Beckley... " but turns out that's almost 5 hours away. So unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for LHBS, but check out beeradvocate for local everything beer-related.

Welcome! I haven't been to Beckley in years, but I can say that we rely on online vendors pretty much exclusively and it's been great.

Hi there and welcome! We're in WV, too. I highly recommend Austin and Rebel for brewing supplies. There just aren't any local places in WV (that I know of).

Back