Hello from West Lothian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hichaechoc

Reaction score
Hello there! I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to the discussion :)
I've been home brewing since the '70s using kits but recently retired and acquired an electric boiler which has made EBIAB a viable alternative. Beginning by having fun doing some Maris Otter SMaSH brews while trying to improve and simplify my methods.

Welcome to HBT, @hichaechoc!

We hope we won't disappoint you and offer plenty opportunities to learn and contribute here. ;)
If you have specific questions you haven't found answers for, please post them. We trust in the community to do its best to find solutions or at least provide opinions.

Tell us more about your boiler and specific methods you want to simplify, please!
Perhaps start a new thread in the appropriate forum for better exposure and feedback possibilities.

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
@IslandLizard I've a Burco 30 litre boiler that I've tinkered with so that it will hold a continuous boil. I also use a voltage regulator to fine tune that boil. At the moment I'm doing BIAB but experimenting with how I add the hops. Although I lift the grain out after the mash the hops are thrown in according to the schedule and no attempt is made to separate them or the trub from the wort until after fermentation. I filter the beer through a small bag as I transfer in from the primary to the secondary by tap. I add gelatine at this stage to clarify the beer. I'm also trying to record what I'm doing in the blog in my signature :) I'm doing a series of 6 SMaSHes and only the first has reached the drinking stage. Worcester Goldings and Warminster Maris Otter. It's good but not outstanding.
@shetc I'm in Livingston although I have lived in Edinburgh too ;-)

Welcome to the group, from Colorado :mug:
Thanks. I passed through your beautiful state on a 5000 mile road trip a little over a year ago. Phoenix to Yellowstone and back in a great big circle taking in a wedding and as many national parks as possible. :)

Latest posts

Back