Hello from TitleTown, USA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Screw what ESPN said in their latest poll...Just giving a hello from the land of Cheese n Beer...Green Bay, WI.

Fairly new to brewing so you'll probably see me posting lost of questions as I get into some unchartered territory, like full mashing...

Welcome to HBT! :mug:

Detroit-Lions-Logo.gif

:D :D

Screw what ESPN said in their latest poll...Just giving a hello from the land of Cheese n Beer...Green Bay, WI.

Fairly new to brewing so you'll probably see me posting lost of questions as I get into some unchartered territory, like full mashing...

Another 'sconie, Welcome from Sauk WI.

BTW...

get into some unchartered territory, like full mashing...

Do you mean like territory that has never been rented? Or did you mean uncharted? :tank:

Pfffffff, I AM from Boston, but Green Bay IS Titletown, USA

PS: The 36 is for my man Leroy Butler

BS - everyone knows that Gainesville, FL is Titletown! Go Gators!

That might be what they think or the state of Georgia thinks, but as far as the NFL goes Green Bay has 9 titles. The (throws up in his mouth) Bears have 7 for second place. I don't consider high school competition in the same league.

The Bears have 8 (not 7), and Chicago has 11 (the Chicago Cardinals had 2 and the Chicago Staleys had 1), which would make Chicago Titletown if you used NFL titles as a measure.

Looking at football only is a silly way to do it, though. New York's 55 pro sports titles are more in line with what "Titletown" would mean (unfortunately for me; Boston's only got 34). Green Bay's well behind Montreal, LA, Chicago, Detroit, and others as well.

The Bears have 8 (not 7), and Chicago has 11 (the Chicago Cardinals had 2 and the Chicago Staleys had 1), which would make Chicago Titletown if you used NFL titles as a measure.

Looking at football only is a silly way to do it, though. New York's 55 pro sports titles are more in line with what "Titletown" would mean (unfortunately for me; Boston's only got 34). Green Bay's well behind Montreal, LA, Chicago, Detroit, and others as well.

Sorry Your right about the Bears. I missed the 1920 - 1932 section. That being said it give Green Bay 12. Not bad for the 260th largest city in the country. Population of about 100,000 people.

Sorry Your right about the Bears. I missed the 1920 - 1932 section. That being said it give Green Bay 12. Not bad for the 260th largest city in the country. Population of about 100,000 people.

Yeah, definitely. I love the semi-community-owned aspect of the Packers, too. It'd be nearly impossible to get a team there nowadays, but they made sure they wouldn't be taken off in the middle of the night a la the Dodgers or Colts.

Green Bay's titles per capita is far greater than any of those

Debate Forum? :D

Putting aside the arguements in this thread...Welcome to the greatest place on the worldwideweb. Great people here (all of those from Wisconsin) and those other people are ok too. Except YooperBrew she's awesome she's a cheesehead want-to-be. If you have a question don't be afraid to ask it but you'll find that a quick search might get it answered quicker. Again Welcome!:mug:

Green Bay's titles per capita is far greater than any of those

By that standard, Kenora wins going away. 2 Stanley Cups, population: 15,000. Even if you give Green Bay 12 titles, they're still not at 1 per 7,500 population. :drunk:

At any rate, Green Bay wins the "coolest football town" title. :mug:

Love that a "Hello" turned into a title debate! Haha!

All I know is there's 3 things we do in "Wis-can-sin", as the outsiders say,...

We love OUR Packers,
Brew lots of beer,
Make great Cheese...

How can you not love this place?

Love that a "Hello" turned into a title debate! Haha!

All I know is there's 3 things we do in "Wis-can-sin", as the outsiders say,...

We love OUR Packers,
Brew lots of beer,
Make great Cheese...

How can you not love this place?

Make that 4. Some of us love our Brewers, too!

Valdosta, Ga....Titletown..thats what we are. You have to live here to understand it. I grew up in northern Minnesota and a few years in north Iowa. Sports was nothing back home like it is in this town of 50,000 in the city and only 100,000 people total in the county. Oh ya, the weather is great too, 72 today and 77 tomorrow.

Back