Hello from SW Missouri

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBass

Reaction score
Well, I just made my first post after signing up last december and realized that I never did an introduction. So I live in southwest MO, farm and work in a machine shop for a living. Tried homebrewing the first time about 12 years ago, and I was very bad at it. Extract Brewing. The only beer I remember liking was a Stout kit, the rest were undrinkable and I did a lot of things very poorly. One day I was needing to work on an old wellhouse and stumbled on my old brewing gear. Decided this time around I'ld give all-grain a go with a little help from the internet. Made some pretty good beer last winter with the help of old "brewingTV" episodes and this forum. Thanks.

Welcome from a fellow Missourian. Have to ask. By your handle I suppose that you're an angler. what's your home lake, favorite species?

Not much of an angler. I enjoy it, it's just that most prime angling seems to be done in the spring, summer when farm work is never done. When I do fish I go down to Roaring River state park (trout) or float the local creeks for goggle eye and small mouth, or the occassional catfish. Last name is "Bass" pronounced like the fish. I do love to hunt as most of that can be done in the winter. I do have a guy that keeps harassing me to go musky fishing, seems like he said February. Might give that a go.

I put the name and location together and assumed that might be the case. You do fish so that counts! Definitely check out muskie fishing. Also check out the crappie fishing in the winter. The lakes in SW Missouri rarely freeze up enough to be a problem.

Again, welcome to HBT. Brew on!

Latest posts

Back