Hello from St. Louis, MO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ice and snow didn't create much of a problem for me. I live in the burbs about 25 minutes west of downtown. The northern portions of St. Louis were hit the hardest with ice and power outages.

I've been going crazy with this home brewing. I started in early Nov. with a simple Brown Ale and it turned out well enough. Enough to get a friend hooked on the hobby. Currently I have three more brews in progress.

Schlafly's . . . Morgan St. . . . O'Fallon . . .

Good beers in the St. Louis area. SWMBO has family there, and we get that way about 3 or 4 times a year.

Sonvolt, are you also an Uncle Tupelo fan?

I thoroughly enjoy Schlafly's beer. They recently opened another bar called the Bottleworks. I still prefer the Tap Room downtown.

gombay77 said:
I live in the burbs about 25 minutes west of downtown. The northern portions of St. Louis were hit the hardest with ice and power outages.

I've been going crazy with this home brewing. I started in early Nov. with a simple Brown Ale and it turned out well enough. Enough to get a friend hooked on the hobby. Currently I have three more brews in progress.

Originally from The St. Ann/Bridgeton/Maryland Heights area myself. Still have family and friends down there but don't get down often enuf!

Sounds like you're off and running! Welcome to the mayhem!!!

Ize

I lived in U City for 6 years. Welcome!

Do you go to Trailhead often/ever in St Charles?

How About them Cards? Carpenter and Pujols were robbed of the Cy Young and MVP, but I'll take the championship anytime :rockin:

sonvolt said:
Schlafly's . . . Morgan St. . . . O'Fallon . . .

Good beers in the St. Louis area. SWMBO has family there, and we get that way about 3 or 4 times a year.

Oh crap, I have a funny story regarding almost getting raped at Schlafly's.

That said, welcome to the forum.

I live in E. Peoria, but I used to visit the STL area frequently.

Back