Hello From Southern Arizona

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewbish

Reaction score
I joined a while back and have been lurking, so figured it was time to introduce myself.

I live outside Tombstone, near Sierra Vista. I brewed years ago with family, stopped while in the Army, started again doing all extract w/ specialty grains and swore I wouldn't get in AG because of the PITA and time factor. Then I bought some used equipment from a guy in Sierra Vista (who I believe is also a member here)......including a couple of carboys and a burner and big SS boil pot. Ended up building a manifold for a cooler........and now I'm doing AG again.

I'm an avid offroader, dirtbikes. Do (did, getting to old and fat now) a lot of racing in Socal. Hare & Hounds and such. Even raced the Baja 500. My daughter also races bikes. I am also an avid hunter, both archery and rifle, in fact I just came back from an Elk hunt near Flagstaff (harvested a decent 5X5). I'm also a computer geek, don't use anything but linux at home (since the mid 90's in fact), and I work as a sys admin managing a PACS system for a hospital. For the past few years I've been using Gentoo, and before that since it's first inception I used Slackware.

I've got a chest freezer and an old fridge on tstat overrides for brewing......in one I currently have a amber lager going, and in the other I have an oatmeal stout going.

Back