Hello from SoCal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjmadden08

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a new member, just brewed my first batch a little over a week ago of a SN clone. a couple hiccups a long the way, but so far so good, just dry hopped and now trying to think of what to brew next.

Cheers

Welcome! You guys aren't choking down smoke frorm the wildfires are you? Looks scary out there!:(

My office building is very close to the fires, but luckily my house (and brew) is not. I guess my wet towel around the fermenter is serving a dual purpose now!

I work kinda close to the Santiago fire in Orange County, but I live far from the actual fire. The closest one to me might be Malibu. It sucks for everyone down in San Diego County. They're evacuating a quarter-million people.:(

Welcome to the board! My neighbor found somebody's tent in her swimming pool (blew in with all the ash and dust over night). I was watching the fire across the freeway from the Costco parking lot last night. It's about 5 miles from my pad. (Silverado Canyon fire)

JJ, where are you in socal? LA, OC, SD?

monk

I live in Huntington Beach but work up close to the Santiago Canyon fire in Lake Forest. The fire is probablly 2 or 3 miles away. Its pretty wild, hopefully they get these under control

jjmadden08 said:
... I guess my wet towel around the fermenter is serving a dual purpose now!
:D Yeah, no kidding! I heard some of the people are being housed in Qualcomm Stadium is SD - including the skyboxes! That would be the closest I'd probably ever get to being in a skybox at an NFL stadium!

Two to three miles away is too close for my liking. You guys have more stick-to-it-ivness than I do!

Welcome to the forums JJ from yet another member from Southern CA. I'm near the Santiage fire as well, but it's been pushed in the opposite way since two nights back. Just seeing a ton of smoke. Stay safe everyone.

I was bottling two nights back and cooked up my priming solution and was afraid the wind was gonna shake something loose out of my stove vent into my pot. It was fine, but I definitely never had that concern before.

Back