Hello from Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckeyeOne

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new homebrewer living in Maple Leaf, Seattle, WA. I got started with the help of a neighbor/friend who homebrewed 20 years ago but stopped when he had kids. I told him I was interested in homebrewing one night while we were sharing a growler of Pliny the Elder. He walked me down to his basement to show me all of the homebrewing equipment he had stashed in the back of his work room. All we needed was ingredients to brew up a batch (an IPA) the following weekend. We brewed one more IPA for my birthday a couple of months later.

When he went on a family two-week vacation this past month, he invited me to use his equipment and his house to brew on my own. I brewed a Belgian Strong Dark Ale and a wheat and rye IPA while he was gone.

Welcome from Denver; my daughter lives in Seattle; a visit there earlier this year had me at one of the best craft breweries I have ever experienced; Black Raven. Delicious!

Back