Hello from Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemmons

Reaction score
Hi I have been obsessing about this forum since I found it. So many great posts to go through. My wife got me a homebrew kit for Christmas. I didn't really think I would get into it but I had a blast on my first brew. It just so much fun being able to work on it from start to finish. I can't wait to brew my next batch! :mug:

Welcome and you are definitely correct it is an obsession! You're either in or your out...there is no middle ground! Wait until you start wanting to buy bigger and better equipment to further the obsession.

If the Mrs drinks beer, make a batch for her so she sees the benefit and enjoys the spoils too. You are already ahead of the curve because SHE bought the kit for you.

:mug:

Welcome and you are definitely correct it is an obsession! You're either in or your out...there is no middle ground! Wait until you start wanting to buy bigger and better equipment to further the obsession.

If the Mrs drinks beer, make a batch for her so she sees the benefit and enjoys the spoils too. You are already ahead of the curve because SHE bought the kit for you.

:mug:

Thanks! The Mrs is a beer drinker. Going to try a strawberry blonde this weekend for her. Should be interesting. I've never tried a fruit beer before.

Welcome! I'm also from Philly. There is a great shop on Sansom Street called Home Sweet Homebrew. There is also another shop in Bensalem, but the selection isn't as good.

Welcome! I'm also from Philly. There is a great shop on Sansom Street called Home Sweet Homebrew. There is also another shop in Bensalem, but the selection isn't as good.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out. I live a little outside the city so I have been making the trek to Keystone Homebrew in Montgomeryville. They have a pretty nice selection.

There's also a pretty good shop called Barry's Homebrew at American and Jefferson in the Kensington neighborhood of Philly. Not quite the selection that George has down at Home Sweet Homebrew, but a solid shop nonetheless, and they've always got beers in their kegerator and are often brewing when I go in there. Nice guys too. They also have "self-serve" bins of grains, which is nice- you can just get the exact amount you need for whatever you're about to brew. Keystone is probably your best option given where you are, but check Barry's out if you're in the neighborhood.

Howdy, neighbor! There are a bunch of home brewers in the area, I will have to let you know the next time there's a local brew day. Keystone's new shop is also my preferred HBS, although Wine, Barley & Hops in Feasterville is decent too.

Don't hesitate to ask questions or speak up if you need to borrow this or that piece of equipment.

Thanks for tips on homebrew stores HeadyKilowatt and abarnett. :) I will have to check them out. Everybody at Keystone has been really nice. That must be a fun job. :mug:

Latest posts

Back