Hello from NorCal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop916

Reaction score
I wanted to drop a line to say hello from the wonderful Sacramento valley of Northern California. There are a handful of private semipro brewhouses in the general area here, so I'm not sure if it qualifies as a hotspot of sorts, but the ability to blend certain ingredients to make a tasty brew has definitely garnered my attention. Our local homebrew shop is chock full of many different types of unrecognized ingredients; as my only experience was with a "Mr. Beer" type of setup, I decided that add'l research was definitely necessary before I jump in headfirst. Although Mr. Beer was cool, and produced a serviceable brew, I wanted to be able to come up with more custom or 'hand-tailored' concoctions. This looks like the place to find any info I may need!

Thanks in advance of any advice, etc.

Welcome to HBT! :mug:
You definitely came to the right place.

There are so many things you can experiment with that it would take more than a life time to try them all so get brewing! Time is wasting!

Get a good 5 gallon starter kit and you will find that it is worth the investment.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I would buy a kit of a beer you like and make it while you research. You can ask all the questions needed to get off to a good start.

Hey I'm new to these forums meself but a hearty welcome all the same. I live near Sacramento as well in a town called Woodpile! It be near to Davisville.:mug: You should ask the fellers at the homebrew outlet on Auburn Blvd how to get started they know thier stuff and are pretty helpful

Welcome to the forum, from Chico! There is a TON of information on here, so definitely get friendly with the search tool! And if you can't find what you're looking for that way...just post, and you'll find there are many helpful brewers here. :tank:

Welcome from a part-time Northern Californian!

It's a great group, and a great resource for an awesome hobby!

Back