hello from NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyjbrew

Reaction score
Hi All!
I'm from NJ and here to learn and trade ideas on brewing. I just started brewing a few months ago and I just started my third batch the other day!

Welcome from a fellow NJite. Crazy obsession you've become in. You're going to love it here.

I too am in New Jersey (Millburn ) and recently started brewing.
I missed the last meeting at the Gas Light Brewery brewing club in South Orange :-(.
Gotta remember 2nd Sunday. Would have liked to taste those Pilsners ...

call it what you will, either way we're all retarded for living in nj. if not now then stay a while:) welcome!

Can't argue with that. At least it is gardening season again....they haven't figured out a way to really tax you for that yet.

Welcome to the obsession! Great people at the Gaslight, I usually stop in for a brew or 2 every week or so, good beers.

So fellow Jerzianz. Where do you buy your supplies? I have been buying online up until now and haven't found a place that sells brewing equipment or ingredients. Any suggestions?

Welcome aboard!!
So fellow Jerzianz. Where do you buy your supplies? I have been buying online up until now and haven't found a place that sells brewing equipment or ingredients. Any suggestions?
Brewers Apprentice is the only LHBS I know of. I am in Middlesex county - alot of "north jersey" folks.
all it what you will, either way we're all retarded for living in nj. if not now then stay a while welcome!
Thats for sure!!

andyjbrew said:

I hit up Princeton Homebrew in Trenton because I work near Philly.

As far as ingredients, I use the group buy area on HBT. Buying grain by the sack, or DME / LME in bulk can slash costs. There are two places in Freehold also, Brewers Apprentice and Grape Beginnings.

As for equipment, I cobble my stuff together w/ coolers and large pots, kegging equip. and stuff on the cheap that i have stumbled upon over time.

I got all my start up stuff from Northern Brewer and continue to buy kits from them. As for LHBS, I use Keystone in Montgomeryville, PA.

Morebeer has good service. And currently free shipping on $39. Just ordered a bunch of stuff, way too much, last night. ; )

I got my starter kit from Midwest Supplies, as well as ingredients for my first few batches. For my most recent batch though I ordered from Brewmasters Warehouse. I *really* like being able to build a recipe and import it right into my shopping cart.

axeman9182 said:
I got my starter kit from Midwest Supplies, as well as ingredients for my first few batches. For my most recent batch though I ordered from Brewmasters Warehouse. I *really* like being able to build a recipe and import it right into my shopping cart.

Hows the shipping costs for brewmaster warehouse? Items are cheaper than buying it locally buy shipping costs sometimes makes it about the same as buying it locally.

Hows the shipping costs for brewmaster warehouse? Items are cheaper than buying it locally buy shipping costs sometimes makes it about the same as buying it locally.
I usually pay 6.99 from BW which makes it a couple bucks cheaper than MWS. I find that even with shipping it is a few dollars cheaper than BA in Freehold.

Brewers apprentice in freehold is the way to go. Good selection, knowledgable employees, and they are great people.

njrockpd said:
Brewers apprentice in freehold is the way to go. Good selection, knowledgable employees, and they are great people.

Have to support your local stores because they will get you out of a ****ty situation on brew day at some point.

I buy from Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew when I go online. Both are excellent. When I buy locally, I go to Keystone in Bethlehem, PA. They have decent prices and very fresh yeast. Go to the Sands first and then, when you lose your money, go to Keystone. :mug:

devils4ever said:
I buy from Northern Brewer and Austin Homebrew when I go online. Both are excellent. When I buy locally, I go to Keystone in Bethlehem, PA. They have decent prices and very fresh yeast. Go to the Sands first and then, when you lose your money, go to Keystone. :mug:

Have to check out Sands, I mean Keystone. ;)

I too am in New Jersey (Millburn ) and recently started brewing.
I missed the last meeting at the Gas Light Brewery brewing club in South Orange :-(.
Gotta remember 2nd Sunday. Would have liked to taste those Pilsners ...

do you have more info on this club?

i know another club in North Jersey recently started, they meet the first tuesday of the month at cricket hill in fairfield, nj

do you have more info on this club?

i know another club in North Jersey recently started, they meet the first tuesday of the month at cricket hill in fairfield, nj

The club at the Gaslight in South Orange is called Draught Board 15, been meaning to join myself, they meet on Sundays if i remember correct. Link to the club site is below

http://beernexus.com/NexusNewsMain3atthegas.html

Any good home brew clubs in Northern New Jersey? (Other than the Gas Light in South Orange)

Back