Hello from NH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emccarthy25

Reaction score
Hey all, I recieved a Mr. Beer kit for christmas from my wife, as she knew I had been wanting to brew my own for a few years. I tried the kit that came with the setup(Mr. Beer West Coast Pale Ale thats bottled now, but will be carb/conditioning until Feb). A small taste test before bottling told me those basic kits aren't going to make the beer I want. I had also recieved a Mr. Beer Irish Stout kit, which I couldn't help but tinker with. Hopefully that one comes out good - according to hopville, I should end up with more of an amber ale than a stout, and could hit 5.3% ABV, which is promising(even though it's no longer a stout).

My next project is attempting to clone the Red Hook Summer Wheat beer they had a couple of years ago, my first attempt will be with a base of the MR. Beer Whispering Wheat kit. After that kit is used, I plan to move on to steeping specialty grains and using extracts.

Cheers!

Welcome!

You are off to the right start at least, you want to move on to a more comprehensive system than Mr Beer! (I am not bashing Mr Beer just stating it is limited)

Good luck and keep on reading and asking questions!

Yeah, my plan is to use up the extract kits I have then go to specialty grains with extracts and a hop schedule. For now, I'm going to continue to use the Mr. Beer fermenter as I don't have space for doing 5 gal brews yet. Once I have a spot set up I'll probably still use the LBK from mr. beer for experiments.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Back