Hello from Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snpr13

Reaction score
Jeeze I feel like I'm at an AA meeting but here it goes. My name is Nick I was born and raised in South Amboy NJ, we once held the Guinness Book of Records for the most bars per square mile. That is where I think I get my love of beer from. I had a Mr. Beer kit a few years ago and it seemed easy enough so I asked the misses every now and again for a real kit and got one a few months back. I started out the gate with partial mash right out the door, that is all the local brew shop offers beside AG. I am currently getting ready to do my third 5gal. batch. I am sure I will be here quite often with dumb questions like most other NUBS so please be patient. Thanks. :mug:

Hi Nick, welcome to HBT! What were your first two batches an how did they turn out?

My first brew is a take on a Sierra APA in the bottle and I also have one called a Beavertooth Brown Ale. I get my kits from a place called the Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold NJ. Hey Mischief I grew up in South Amboy.

snpr13 said:
Hey Mischief I grew up in South Amboy.

My kids are growing up here in Slayerville, I did my growing in Huntington Beach CA...

I think we're getting close to capacity, but you should check out the whales homebrew club. Good bunch of people and some excellent brewers...

Great to know Mischief, I will try to get into the WHALES and thanks for the laugh I haven't heard SLAYERVILLE in years. Brings back memories.

Welcome from the other side of the state!

Hear only good things about WHALES. Wish I was closer.
Happy Brewing!

Hello to the OP from about an hour south in Point Pleasant, NJ!! hello to every one else as well from various distances from me.
Kyle

Cracked my first beer from my first batch and I am pleasantly surprised with the results. It has just been 2 weeks in the bottle but the flavor is suprisingly pleasant. I brewed a Sierra Nevada clone and it tastes pretty damn close IMO. I am going to age the rest for another 2-3 weeks and see how if it can get better. Also brewed and primaried my third batch, Amber Ale, and closely keeping an eye on my mothers Mead.

Back