Hello from Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collegemachinist

Reaction score
My name's Doug, I'm 22, and I'm in my 4th year at Ivy Tech Community College in Indianapolis. Studying machining/welding.

The other day I was sitting in my Materials and Processes class, trying to come up with a topic for my Final Report, and I was talking to a friend, and we got to talking about wanting to learn to brew beer. I asked my instructor if I could do my report on brewing beer, and he said yes, so here I am.

Welcome Doug,

If you need information I would recommend 'How to Brew' by John Palmer which is online: http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html

Not sure if your project includes actually making beer or just writing a report about it.

Just FYI if you wanted to actually brew a beer it is possible if you got right on it to brew a batch and enjoy it just before Christmas. Possibly the week of the 14th you could start drinking if you brewed this weekend... Push that up a week for every weekend you wait :)

I would recommend using Palmer's book online and the forums here and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!

:rockin:

My name's Doug, I'm 22, and I'm in my 4th year at Ivy Tech Community College in Indianapolis. Studying machining/welding.

The other day I was sitting in my Materials and Processes class, trying to come up with a topic for my Final Report, and I was talking to a friend, and we got to talking about wanting to learn to brew beer. I asked my instructor if I could do my report on brewing beer, and he said yes, so here I am.

Is that your fourth year of a two-year program? :drunk:

Is that your fourth year of a two-year program? :drunk:

LOL! Greetings! I think brewing beer would be an awesome project to write about. I second the How to Brew book and also reading up in here on it (although we don't have as a linear an approach to describing the process.)

Welcome! Make sure to drop by Great Fermentations. They are extremely friendly and helpful.

(and over priced)

Keep an eye out for our Indy area bulk buys... they are a killer deal.

Malt for $.60/pound
Hops for $.50-$1/ounce

Should be coming up in mid 2010!

Latest posts

Back