Hello from Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckcomm

Reaction score
Great site!! Joined Yesterday and became a supporting Member today :)

After many years of drinking "regular" beer I have found my way to being picky the past few years. No Bud lite or those types and preferably no beer in cans.

I have brewed a few batches of Mr Beer dabbling in making my own changes to the recipes.

I wanted to get into real brewing with individual ingredients and testing different flavorings not just buying a can of ingredients and adding it to boiling water and fermenting.

I just received a 5 gallon kit for my Birthday and am now in the studying stage of this new hobby. I am anxious to get started but will do my first batch with some premixed stuff "Coopers Wheat Beer" to get familiar with the new setup.

I look forward to many happy years here :mug:

Great site!! Joined Yesterday and became a supporting Member today :)

After many years of drinking "regular" beer I have found my way to being picky the past few years. No Bud lite or those types and preferably no beer in cans.

I have brewed a few batches of Mr Beer dabbling in making my own changes to the recipes.

I wanted to get into real brewing with individual ingredients and testing different flavorings not just buying a can of ingredients and adding it to boiling water and fermenting.

I just received a 5 gallon kit for my Birthday and am now in the studying stage of this new hobby. I am anxious to get started but will do my first batch with some premixed stuff "Coopers Wheat Beer" to get familiar with the new setup.

I look forward to many happy years here :mug:

Welcome to the forum!

The "studying stage" might never end. You will be surprised how deep this hobby can become.

Beware the Coopers Kits. I recommend finding a home brew store (local or online) and getting fresh kits with fresh yeast.

The coopers came with the kit just figured I would use it and move on from there. I have a local home brew store fairly close that i will be using as well as online stores. Thanks for the reply and the welcome,

Welcome to the hobby and the group, from CO. There are some outstanding crafts in cans- Dale's, Dry Dock, even Sam Adams now.

Tried the sam adams and it was pretty good. Normally when I think of cans I think of camping trips in my younger days with cases of the cheapest canned beer we could find.....

Back