Hello from Cleveland Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoggy

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. I am a newbie home brewer from a brewing aspect not from a drinking - home brew aspect. :D I remember as a teenager when my dad used to make home brew in a 20 gallon stone crock in the basement. Let's just say that I don't think he noticed any of the brew missing in a crock that size. :mug: Then my buddy from high school, well his dad made wine and while it was not the best tasting stuff, it had no problem getting you drunk. Well that was a long time ago and they are great memories.

Fast forward to now and let me first say that I really enjoy reading this forum. I am making my first attempt at brewing. I have a small batch of hard lemonade in the primary. We will see how it turns out. I will be attempting to make some beer soon and I am sure I will have a lot of questions.

Anyway just chiming in to say hi.

Welcome Hoggy.. fellow Clevelander here as well. You'll find everything you'll need on this forum just by asking or using the search options. Good luck on the hard lemonade. If you need any quick supplies in the Cleveland area, check out Beverage Warehouse. They're right off Mayfield Rd. in S. Euclid and they have quite a bit of homebrewing/winemaking stuff and tons of beer to check out.

Welcome Hoggy.. fellow Clevelander here as well. You'll find everything you'll need on this forum just by asking or using the search options. Good luck on the hard lemonade. If you need any quick supplies in the Cleveland area, check out Beverage Warehouse. They're right off Mayfield Rd. in S. Euclid and they have quite a bit of homebrewing/winemaking stuff and tons of beer to check out.

Warehouse Beverage is a decent home brew shop and a great beer store. Was just there last night and picked up a couple 2 liter fliptops of a German dopplebock. I figure that will be a great bottle for my home brew and the beer inside is likely to be pretty good too :D Too bad they only had those two bottles left. :(

Welcome to HBT from a fellow Clevelander!

Craig

I totally agreee with you Baron. The selection of bottles (to drink) at Warehouse Beverage is amazing... I have to go there at least twice a week for "inspiration". Plus it's cool that three brothers own/run the place. Might as well give them some of my business.

I totally agreee with you Baron. The selection of bottles (to drink) at Warehouse Beverage is amazing... I have to go there at least twice a week for "inspiration". Plus it's cool that three brothers own/run the place. Might as well give them some of my business.

It seems like their selection and organization of the homebrew supplies have improved recently. They still store the hops on the shelf instead of in a freezer or fridge like they should but that whole section looks cleaner and neater and better stocked than i felt it did in the past. Still I usually get most my ingredients online. The big exception is the bags of bulk grain they have for a very reasonable price and without shipping.

They do have a great selection to get inspiration from :D The dopplebock was purchased not so much for inspiration but that it had a very cool bottle and a great price. The bottle alone (2 liter fliptop growler) was worth way more than the price tag.

Craig

Thank you all. Actually I am out on the west side. Went to Rozis in Lakewood the other day and picked up some stuff. Very nice people there and very willing to help out. Being a noob, I will need plenty of that.

Thank you all. Actually I am out on the west side. Went to Rozis in Lakewood the other day and picked up some stuff. Very nice people there and very willing to help out. Being a noob, I will need plenty of that.

If your on the west side then JWDover in Westlake is probably your best LHBS. I havn't been there myself but I know several people who use them.

Craig

Welcome Hoggy from another fellow Ohioan, we are from down in Coshocton, but I grew up in Fairview Park and North Ridgeville. I think you will like this forum, some very nice and helpful people on here.
Cathy

Latest posts

Back