Hello! From Central CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been building and using Kegerators/Keezers for the last 7-8 years. I always just bought my kegs from the store though. Living in small apartments and moving frequently from place to place kept me from getting into home brewing. Now that I am getting close to finally settling down, my dreams of brewing are coming to fruition.

A bit about myself, I spent close to 10 years in the USMC. Spent a majority of my time down in San Diego, 3 years in Okinawa, and random deployments all over the globe. For the past year since leaving active duty I have been a private military contractor over in Afghanistan. I'm getting ready to come back home to Fresno, Ca very soon, so I am spending this time studying, researching and planning.

My plans are to build my own brew system, most likely gravity fed. Skipping extract brewing and diving head first into all grain. Want to be able to make 5 gallon batches and fill up some corny kegs. My current Keezer is a 3 tap system in a 14cu/ft freezer. I'm hoping to get my hands on about 4-5 corny's so I can get a good rotation going.

11218807_951036351608274_8716672438061491786_n_zpsb0yceekq.jpg

I heard about this forum during my research from a youtuber called MaltCast.

Thanks for having me. I look forward to learning all I can from your wealth of knowledge.

-John

Welcome to our obsession! Thank you for your service! I wish you the best as you start.

Back