Hello From Cary, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kicary

Reaction score
Hello from Cary, NC. Been brewing for about 9 months and have enjoyed the process so far. Looking for some new techniques and to just learn more about beer and brewing.

Hi I'm also in Cary, NC with about 2 months of experience. Nice to see someone else from the area on here. :)

SWEET!! Some locals in the house! How often do you all brew? I brew basically every Sunday...keeps me home and out of trouble :) A friend and I have pulled together some investors and are currently putting together a plan to start a local brewery.

I probably average 1-2 brews a month. Rain or shine I'll be brewing later today.

Congrats. What area are you guys looking at for the brewery?

Depending on how busy I get, I am currently in graduate school so I try to brew when research is slow. I am currently brewing 5 gallons batches, and I probably average a couple of brews/month although I brewed 5 in August. It was a good month.

@kicary - Are you planning a brewery or brew pub? Sounds extremely exciting.

I brewed a Black IPA this evening, and a Belgian Triple on Friday. I brew every Sunday, rain/shine.

The Brewery we are planning is a supply brewery only...not a brew pub. We do not have the time / $ to put into a pub at the moment.

Hi. We've got a small group of guys, though it is growing by leaps and bounds, that brews and does foolish shenanigans and what not. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Welcome to the hobby. There are crap load of us around the triangle. We get together on a regular basis hang out, drink, and brew. Look up grabass (Greater Raleigh Area Brewers and Sud Sipppers) to find us. We are not club just a bunch of dudes who enjoy making fun of each other and making beer.

Welcome from Holly Springs. In addition to the great guys in GRABASS, you will also find two home brew clubs in the Triangle as well. They are Carboy in Raleigh and Trub in Durham.

Welcome folks! I live in Durham, near RTP and am a proud member of GRABASS as well.

Hit me up if you guys need anything.

Back