Hello from Butler, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbfrEAk

Reaction score
How's it going everyone?

My names Cody, I've been homebrewing for about 3 months now. I LOVE IT!! I've always been a big fan of craft beers and trying new and interesting beers. So then at the end of my last semester in college I decided to start brewing my own. Needless to say I'm hooked.

I'm currently going to be starting my third batch this weekend.

My first batch turned out excellent. It was a Kolsch style and was delicious. Brewers Best was the brand I used. I really liked how it came with additional grains to steep as well as the extract.

My second batch didn't turn out as well. It was a Bavarian Hefeweizen. It had a sour taste at the tail end which I attribute to me not doing a good enough job sanitizing (My 1st batch I used bleach, this batch I used B Brite clenser. I'm not blaming the B Brite, I'm blaming myself because I was more lax on my cleaning methods thinking "oh that's good enough". It wasn't...). This brew was a TrueBREW kit. I wasn't as big of a fan if this kit. The directions it came with were not as detailed as BB and it had no additional grains.

My third batch I went back to BB and am going to do a dry hopped IPA.

My next one I'm going to try to do my own version of a recipe (I'm not sure which one yet), and then I'd like to get into All Grain.

I'll start off with BIAB probably and then move on to building my own rig down the road.

Its good to be here and I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot.

I noticed there was a big following in the Pittsburgh area. I'm down there all the time frequenting the bars and eating great food!!

I got to Pipers and Fat Heads all the time. Thursdays. Maybe not tonight tho.

It's a Scotish pub across the street from Fat Heads. They have a quad beer engine for cask beer and about 20 other taps and an amazing selection of scotch of course. The bartender is a big homebrewer. I love that place.

Welcome pbfrEAK! It's always good to see more homebrewers around the burgh. I am in the South Hills.

Two homebrew clubs in the burgh- TRASH and TRUB.
Upcoming events include the steel city big pour this weekend, zoo brew, and brew for a cure.
Welcome.

I can't believe I've never seen it. Course I've only been to Fat Heads a couple times. I will most definitely check it out.

bnmir, I've heard of TRASH but not TRUB I'll have to check it out. I know the big pour is sold out but I'm hoping to get tickets for zoo brew. Thanks for the heads up!!

used to live around butler! now in SC. good area, may be coming back to Pa if I cant find a job down here!

WElCome!

I can't afford these beer fests. Soo pricey. I will be hooking up with TRASH hopefully this month. I have wanted to go to the last 3 meetings and it just hasn't worked out.

Well I've been wanting to go to a brew fest for the last two years so this year I'm ponying up for zoobrew. Figure its 60 bucks BUT you get to try all those different beers and there is food too.

Bad internet day. Too rich for me. Hopefully I can get in to pour my stuff someday.

Back