Hello from Bucharest, ROMANIA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jupanu

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Laur and i am from Bucharest, ROMANIA.
In Romania homebrew is at the beginning but there are some guys who wants to make big steps in this hobby. Me too.
So, hello again and nice to meet you.

Buna Laur
You have a lovely city down there(a bit too hot in the summer)
Im guessing you will be carrying lots of water soon as i cant imagine that chlorinated water is any good for brewing

Nice selection on real to research too :)

Im guessing you will be carrying lots of water soon as i cant imagine that chlorinated water is any good for brewing

Yes, the tap water is too much chlorinated and is not good for brewing.
Last saturday i was near Ploiesti city and have got 200 liters of spring water, very good for my next beers.

Welcome to a site full of obsessives! I use spring water to top off the FV myself. What kind of supplies do you guys have over there? We'd like to visit Romania some day. My wife is French/Hungarian,& I'm German/Slovak/Apache. My mom was from Bratislava. It'd be great to see these places.:mug:

Buna Laur! Used to date a girl from Constanta and even though her family has made wines for as long as anyone can remember, they think it's weird that people homebrew beer. Anyway, enjoy. Hope you can find a few people around to share your interest.

Hello everyone,

My name is Laur and i am from Bucharest, ROMANIA.
In Romania homebrew is at the beginning but there are some guys who wants to make big steps in this hobby. Me too.
So, hello again and nice to meet you.

Homebrew might be just beginning, but y'all have mastered palinca!

What kind of supplies do you guys have over there?

Homebrew supplies in Romania are from BREWFERM (beerkits, yeast, hops), MUNTONS(beerkits and DME), WEYERMANN(malt), COOPERS(beerkits).
ALL GRAIN in really at the beginning. But some day we'll grow up ;).

Buna Laur! Used to date a girl from Constanta and even though her family has made wines for as long as anyone can remember, they think it's weird that people homebrew beer. Anyway, enjoy. Hope you can find a few people around to share your interest.

We have also very beautiful women in Romania.
From hundreds years ago, romanians are making wine at home but now we want to learn other homebrewing.

Sounds like me. Being German & Slovak,I made wine from my teens through my 20's. Then I decided I liked beer better/more often,& I was hooked. Making beer is more fun,more diverse ingredient-wise.

Yooperbrew... I'm a Yooper myself, is the weather getting cold up there yet? I imagine the fall colors are starting to show some.

Back