Hello, from Branson, MO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RolandD

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just over a month ago I had to quarantine for two weeks and had a lot of extra time on my hands. My wife gets terrible headaches from grape wine, but not from fruit wine or mead. A confluence of events led to us discussing how we wished we currently knew someone who made fruit wine or mead, which led to us wondering how hard could it be.

I spent those two weeks sussing out the basics and what equipment I would need. After about 120 hours of research and as my time off was coming to an end, I realized that the website I was finding most of the best deals on equipment and supplies was for a business located less than twenty-five miles away.

So, with my wife's approval, on my second to last day in quarantine, (my test had come back negative over a week prior), I headed to my LHBS and bought the essentials to get started with a Brewer's Best Cider Kit. Once that was in secondary, I picked up a gallon of black raspberry fruit wine base split it into a cyser and a melomel. The cider is bottled, the cyser is in secondary and will be kegged soon, and the melomel will be going into secondary once the cyser is kegged. I'm drinking one of the ciders right now.

I'm thinking about doing an apricot cyser and melomel next.

Back