Hello from Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG

Reaction score
Just brewed my first batch this weekend so looking forward to my first beer in about a month.

I found the forums the next day to answer some questions I had, most have been answered so I decided this was a good place to stay in touch so I registered and posting to say hi.

I got one of those basic home brew kits, I figure I'll start there and be more adventurous after some experience. I'll have to say it took far longer to get the mixture to boil than I originally thought, probably close to 45 min before I realized I should probably keep the lid on to get the temp to boiling quicker.

30 min after the boil started I got the pot off the stove, ice bath to get the temp down, added the level to 5 gallons and mixed in the dry yeast. I then put on the lid on without checking the gravity as I know nothing about fixing it even if it was wrong but the temp was below 70, I think somewhere around 65. By the next day I didn't exactly see 'bubbles' in the airlock but it was making a 'popping' motion about every 2 seconds. Two day later and it's slowed to about once every 30 seconds.

Thanks for the site I look forward to learning more about home brewing.

:mug:

congrats on the first batch before you know it you'll be doing all grain and throwing food out of the fridge to make room for kegs

Welcome aboard, looks like we are getting a good collection from Ga...

hammer one, where are you located?

Back