Hello everyone !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser

Reaction score
Hi I'm Fraser from the UK. I have been making wine for a while but have just ventured into beer making and as usual I have thrown myself in head first !
I have 3 batches on the go already and the first is not ready yet !!
I am looking forward to sharing my experiences and perhaps more impor:mug: tantly,gaining some knowledge from some old hands on this site.:mug:

I'm curious. When I was in London, there was an ale, served just about everywhere, with a red label, and some sort of golden lion on the label, and its tasted like margerine. What was it?

The 3 brews i have on the go are 1.German style lager 2.Scottish export ale (both bottled and maturing) 3.Double Dunmow Bitter,a locally produced ale from my local brew shop.As I said I am new to this game so all 3 are kits.I am however looking to buy a masher and boiler asap and really get into making an ale from scratch.
djhead ,the brewery in London with the dragon/lion is Fullers mate.They make a few good ales one of my favorites is 1845,but I have yet to try the margarine flavour!! Ireckon the one you mean may be Fullers pride that has a red label they sell that in loads of pubs.

Welcome.

“a malty base, with hop flavours of the Target, Challenger and Northdown varieties.”

A slightly honeyish smell, a fruity taste, and only slightly bitter. Contains malted barley.

Fuller Smith & Turner, London, England. 4.7% alcohol.
London_Pride.jpg

thats the one! Ive been itching to try it again, and see if my initial impression was correct. I wasnt a home brewer when I tried it, and am more educated now.

I actually bought a bottle today and I'm drinking it as I write this.I think to say it tastes of margerine is a little harsh but I can see what you mean !

Back